Senior Vice President, LOCUS Impact Investing
Co-Founder and Managing Director, Center for Rural Entrepreneurship
- § Jessie Ball duPont Fund’s $3 million PRI in Self Help, an experienced national CDFI, to expand their savings, loan and other financial products to meet the needs of low-wealth households in the Jacksonville, FL area.
- § The Humboldt Area Foundation’s participation in an innovative loan agreement that helped develop and build the Eureka Community Health and Wellness Center in Eureka, CA – bringing state-of-the-art health care to this rural region.
- § The Arkansas Community Foundation’s $1 million PRI to Communities Unlimited, a CDFI using these resources to make small businesses loans in rural and low income communities in the state.
- § The Community Foundation of Louisville’s Impact Capital Fund, investing $1.1 million in community projects that created/retained 137 jobs, housed 30 individuals in affordable housing units, created/retained 68 early childhood education spots and supported the creation of 72 new businesses.
- § Southwest Initiative Foundation – one of six Initiative Foundations in the state and a member of REDPIN (see below) and the 2nd BALLE Local Economy Foundation Circle – small business loan program, supporting 700 businesses and creating or retaining 8,590 jobs since 1986!